wpawards winners 8

The Sun Life Global Investments Award for Global Advisor of the Year

“This means a lot to me – it is a lot of work for my team and myself. This is such an achievement for us” – Francis Sabourin, Richardson GMP


ADDING ANOTHER Wealth Professional Award to his trophy shelf, Francis Sabourin claimed the 2019 Global Advisor of the Year Award. “When we started the model 10 years ago, we had no clue where we were going,” he said. “It was a blind shot, but I realized 10 years later that we were very competitive and had beaten the benchmarks along the way.”


Sabourin believes his ability to look outside of Canada was key to earning this recognition. “Canada only represents 2% to 3% of global investment markets, so it’s the other 97% we need to have a look at,” he said.


Chantal McNeily, wealth sales director at award sponsor Sun Life Financial, agrees. “We believe in the power of global diversification to help clients achieve their objectives – specifically, investing in emerging markets,” she said. “We all tend to think local, but investing globally adds a lot of benefits for our clients by providing them with exposure to other markets.”

Special thanks to our sponsors

Stay Up to Date

Be sure to receive all updates about the Wealth Professional Awards by signing up to our awards mailing list.


No spam and unsubscribe anytime.